Post COVID-19 hockey?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#101 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:49 AM

Sounds like a great experience, im jealous. :D

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#102 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

ASHL is supposed to start up here on July 6th but they have rules like it’s now 4 on 4 (for less contact) maximum 8 skaters and 1 goalie per team, refs can’t touch the puck anymore, penalties are now penalty shots, two 20 minute straight time periods now, all the usual social distancing rules like everyone else has. The one that gets me is now everyone has to buy a bubble just to play. I wasn’t aware face shields were made to prevent the spread of viruses 

#103 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

I was on the front lines of the riots for eight days. Getting spit on and all the like. I didn’t catch COVID. So I’m over it, not worried about a board battle or net front battle now.

#104 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:35 PM

Played twice (and again later tonight) and even tho there are some differences incl less players and no board/net battles, it feels so good to play again

#105 denisjr

denisjr

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:51 AM

This is the walkthrough of our rink for the summer atleast: https://youtu.be/HOVVaA3NvHw

#106 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

very interesting. it's nice to see rinks that actually give a damn. one of our rinks clearly doesn't. they haven't officially told anyone what they're doing and they've been open for a month for kids sessions. they seem to think a "cone of silence" is the best way to run their business

side note: people keep asking if when the adults start up, we'll have 2 locker rooms per team. this rink was short on locker rooms anyway but 8 months ago they took out the locker rooms in the roller rink (2 ice, 1 roller) to make a "music studio" for the owner's son. 

giphy.gif

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#107 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:30 AM

The Rinks owned and operated by the Ducks sent a vague release about reopening their facilities on June 26th with limited hours and capacity. I'm sure we'll get 24 hours' notice for our first game back per their standard communication procedures  :rolleyes:

#108 wbj

wbj

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

For as much as everyone in that league cries about that rink, you’d think the league would just stop buying ice from them

very interesting. it's nice to see rinks that actually give a damn. one of our rinks clearly doesn't. they haven't officially told anyone what they're doing and they've been open for a month for kids sessions. they seem to think a "cone of silence" is the best way to run their business

side note: people keep asking if when the adults start up, we'll have 2 locker rooms per team. this rink was short on locker rooms anyway but 8 months ago they took out the locker rooms in the roller rink (2 ice, 1 roller) to make a "music studio" for the owner's son. 

giphy.gif

#109 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:04 PM

For as much as everyone in that league cries about that rink, you’d think the league would just stop buying ice from them

it'd be nice if we could but if we did, you can say goodbye to our supplemental leagues of Rec and Over35. there's just not enough rinks in metro ATL. now if I hit the Powerball...... :)

#110 denisjr

denisjr

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

Me and my my buddy rented the ice at our rink for an hour yesterday. I was great to be back on ice. Our group is going to start playing again the week of July 12th, we are starting with 4 on 4, 16 players plus 2 goalies. Rule changes include no faceoffs, penalty shots instead of penalties, players have to space out on the bench and no intentional contact or board batlles. We have only 15 minutes to dress before the game and we have to be out of the rink 15 minutes after our game because they send in a cleaning crew to wipe down everything between groups. We have to be semi pre dressed and we can’t use the dressing rooms or showers. We also have to submit a list of players prior to the game and they have to check in at the main entrance and confirm they do not have COVID symptoms and they shouldn’t be self-isolated as per government rules. It was probably the cleanest rink I have ever been in. Lol.

#111 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

our local beer league re-started last Monday. we've already got our first confirmed case. guy played Monday in our Over35 league, started feeling bad Tuesday and now he's hospitalized on a respirator.  :eek:

#112 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:24 AM

our local beer league re-started last Monday. we've already got our first confirmed case. guy played Monday in our Over35 league, started feeling bad Tuesday and now he's hospitalized on a respirator.  :eek:

And his O35 teammates quite likely, in turn, exposed their own Open League teammates as games were played in those divisions over the balance of last week.  It will be terrifying to see how far and wide this might spread through our hockey community in the coming weeks.

#113 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:01 PM

yep. sooooooo glad I didn't go back right away. this guy is 54 years old and in really good shape and now he's on a respirator in the ICU

#114 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

It is highly unlikely he deteriorated that fast overnight. He probably already was infected with COVID. Takes about three to five days to show symptoms, for those who even show symptoms.

#115 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

My thoughts were the same. I was thinking there is no way someone gets exposed then the very next day they are full blown. Evidently it is possible with this virus. Either way, whether contracted before or actually that night, the main thing is all of the players associated in any way shape or form with this guy have been possibly exposed. That is the scary part, the possibilities.

#116 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:49 AM

Shoeshine wasn't suggesting he got sick from playing. It's that he played while already unknowingly a positive carrier and exposed several dozen others, who then could pass it on to teammates in other divisions.

#117 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Shoeshine wasn't suggesting he got sick from playing. It's that he played while already unknowingly a positive carrier and exposed several dozen others, who then could pass it on to teammates in other divisions.

this. we're just lucky that the other division he plays in didn't have another game until Thursday and he was already feeling ill by then and didn't play. otherwise we'd have FOUR teams of players exposed at 2 different rinks.

#118 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

It will be very interesting to see how the league responds to this situation. All players involved out 2 weeks? Wait and see how players feel and not do anything? What is the right thing to do? It is all new.

#119 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:54 PM

It will be very interesting to see how the league responds to this situation. All players involved out 2 weeks? Wait and see how players feel and not do anything? What is the right thing to do? It is all new.

all players present must quarantine for 2 weeks or after 3 days they can get tested. if they can produce a valid negative test result they will be allowed to play again. 

if we're lucky, no one present inhaled Patient Zero's respiratory droplets.

those with "secondary exposure" have been told to monitor themselves for symptoms.

#120 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

Keep us posted, hope no one else comes down with it. If this becomes an on going thing they will have trouble staying open unfortunately. We are supposed to start up next week