Photo

Post COVID-19 hockey?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#121 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:50 AM

all players present must quarantine for 2 weeks or after 3 days they can get tested. if they can produce a valid negative test result they will be allowed to play again. 

if we're lucky, no one present inhaled Patient Zero's respiratory droplets.

those with "secondary exposure" have been told to monitor themselves for symptoms.

Crazy. Hope everyone is doing well.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#122 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

Crazy. Hope everyone is doing well.

Patient Zero was released from the ICU last night and is hoping to be released from the hospital later today. SO FAR no one else present has reported symptoms.

and for the record, Patient Zero says he never had a fever prior to getting tested. 

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#123 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:16 PM

Thank you for the update, as leagues open around the area it is nice to hear how things are handled and hopefully above average results are achieved with appropriate precautions

#124 wbj

wbj

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:17 PM

Thank you for the update, as leagues open around the area it is nice to hear how things are handled and hopefully above average results are achieved with appropriate precautions

I've been playing 2x a week and also box lacrosse 3x a week at the rink for a month now... we can shower there too.... no cases from the rink where I'm at. 

#125 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:59 AM

Just out of curiosity what is your location if you dont mind me asking?

#126 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

We were slated to open Monday and for some reason it is getting pushed back a week, for now anyways.

#127 wbj

wbj

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

Just out of curiosity what is your location if you dont mind me asking?

Sioux Falls, SD

#128 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

Are you fairing pretty well as a state in general?

#129 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:35 PM

Yeah everyone is different on this one. I usually never shower at the arena. I wear gym clothes to the rink, so wearing them when i'm sweaty and disgusting isn't that big of an issue. On my days off I usually play hockey then go to the gym so I shower when I get home. 

I would think the physical contact would be one of the biggest issues. Smashing up against someone can spread spit and sweat everywhere (gross). Or when Mapleleafs knocks a sukka out and he bleeds all over me again. 

I can't wait for hockey to be back, but it's going to be slow  openings everywhere. States that are opening fast with growing COVID-19 numbers are shooting themselves in the foot. 

:rofl:

just read this, his blood somehow got all over my helmet, lucky i didn't get aids. I put my helmet in a garbage bag at the rink when I got home I dunked my helmet in alcohol   :vomit: . 

On another topic, aaron was telling me about summer league starting up and it being 4v4 but interesting rules like no pinning guys on boards, no face offs and other weird rules. It makes no sense that we're allowed to skate around all these strangers when it's a physical activity and everyone is breathing at an increased rate. Inside shopping malls and grocery stores you are required to wear a mask now. So playing hockey makes no sense. 

ALSO reiterating on the showering topic. All of you that don't shower after puck are animals. Some of you may have an actually legitimate reason then ok, but for the rest is no bueno. If i go on a hike, play tennis or any other activity that doesn't allow me to shower i at least bring changes of clothing and some wipes or towels cause there's no way i'm getting into my car with the same shit i had on and making my car gross, that's dutty. Driving home from an activity covered in your own sweat and sticky for the ride home is unbearable. Also if you do shower make sure you got sandals, i've seen guys go barefoot and it's so gross it's incredible. (showers at the rinks i go to are super clean and well maintained so it makes it easy to shower)

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#130 wbj

wbj

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:06 PM

Are you fairing pretty well as a state in general?

Yes, one of two states where case counts decreased over the last week.... and ironically enough, a state that never did a stay-at-home nor shelter-in-place, and every and all restrictions were removed from businesses here back on May 29... the rink here was the only rink in the country that didn't shut down either

#131 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 05 July 2020 - 02:38 AM

That is awesome, good on you guys. MA is doing pretty well ourselves hopefully things continue to get better for everyone, and may the states not doing so well get this thing figured and move in the right direction

#132 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

we've had 2 more players test positive but we're not sure if they've played since the league re-opened. one is a friend who is a FedEx pilot and I know for sure that he hasn't played yet. the other guy is in the same Over35 league (our highest Over35 level, mostly ex college players) but plays on a different team than our previously positive player.

these 2 new cases are so far mild cases with no hospitalization.

#133 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:33 AM

The one local rink that has actually re-opened (i.e. events open to the public and not just private sessions) just instituted a mandatory “masks at all time, including on-ice” policy.

Hard pass. I’m not playing goal wearing a mask under a mask.

Back to the garage I go.

#134 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

If a rink thinks the only way they can open is to force on-ice masks, that rink is not ready to be open yet.

#135 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:58 PM

The one local rink that has actually re-opened (i.e. events open to the public and not just private sessions) just instituted a mandatory “masks at all time, including on-ice” policy.

Back to the garage I go.

we have one goalie that's been wearing a balaclava mask for years. no idea how he does it.

#136 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:09 PM

If a rink thinks the only way they can open is to force on-ice masks, that rink is not ready to be open yet.

in reality, no rink is ready to re-open that hasn't accepted that infection in their facility is likely, maybe even inevitable. no matter how diligently you clean, no matter how strictly you screen for fevers upon entry, if an infected person expels respiratory droplets and another person inhales them, the virus will be spread. the Patient Zero from our league claims that he had no fevers until after he was tested and certainly there are plenty of asymptomatic carriers out there.

what it all comes down to is it worth the risk for you? for me, right now it's not. my state is surging daily in new cases, closing in on almost 100k total and yet our governor refuses to mandate face masks in public.

if I lived somewhere that the numbers were much, much lower then maybe I'd feel better about it. 

#137 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:49 PM

THIS! This is so dangerous, it's unbelievable. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#138 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

:rofl:

what a  :joke:

#139 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:41 AM

My summer pick up will begin next week.

Here are the rules (city owned arena)

Only 4 vs 4 hockey will be permitted

·Teams are limited to 8 players + 1 goalie (18 on the ice at a time)

·Each group must maintain an updated attendance sheet (attendance taken at every game)

·Participants may arrive up to 20 minutes prior to their start time, partially dressed (exception of skates, helmet, and upper body equipment)

·Participants must vacate the Arena within 20 minutes of being buzzed off the rink (Ex: buzzed off at 6:50pm, vacate the arena by 7:10pm)

·Maximum of 5 participants per locker room (4 rooms will be provided per game, 2 per team)

·Showers will remain off-limits

·Spectators not recommended, however limit of 1 spectator per participant

·2 meter social distancing is required at all times off the ice

·Lingering in the lobby or locker rooms will not be tolerated. Gathering in the parking lot or outside the Arena entrance will also not be tolerated.

·No alcohol or food items will be permitted in the Arena

·Respect the directional floor markings and designated entrances and exits in the arena

·A pre-participation questionnaire is required to be answered at the Arena Reception upon arrival by each participant (three Covid-19 related questions)

·Rentals will only be every second week, not on your usual weekly schedule due to buffer times being implemented between games

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#140 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:07 PM

We just received news that goes in the opposite direction. Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, considered high risk sports and will not happen until there is a vaccine. Not sure if there will be any pickups allowed, atleast for the near future. Baseball games will be allowed, no tourneys. Looks like I may end up getting roller blades afterall.