Photo

Post COVID-19 hockey?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#141 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:33 PM

I'll be headed to Connecticut, then.  Tired of waiting.

#142 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

I'll be headed to Connecticut, then.  Tired of waiting.

welcome to my shit state haha

#143 wbj

wbj

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM

We just received news that goes in the opposite direction. Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, considered high risk sports and will not happen until there is a vaccine. Not sure if there will be any pickups allowed, atleast for the near future. Baseball games will be allowed, no tourneys. Looks like I may end up getting roller blades afterall.

A vaccine that isn't coming

#144 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:47 AM

Both group of guys I play with in the summer decided not to play, not enough players to fill up a 4 on 4 roster :(

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#145 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:23 PM

Both group of guys I play with in the summer decided not to play, not enough players to fill up a 4 on 4 roster :(

most of our games are super short too. our teams roster 17 skaters and a goalie. only Board members and captains in your division or below are allowed to sub. Tuesday we had a game with 2 rostered players and 4 subs. ridiculous.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#146 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

wasn't really sure where to put this so I'll put it here.

took an old shield and turned it into a homemade "splash guard" to go with my new full shield. it's not perfect, holes on the side are still open but it's a start.

disclaimer: my state keeps setting daily records for active cases so I'm not back to playing yet.

gallery_29_1234_149186.jpg

#147 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

I wouldn't even bother playing, let alone rocking pro stock gear, if I had to wear that thing lol 

#148 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

desperate times call for desperate measures. though maybe not yet. ;)

#149 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

Definitely leave the zip-tie on, whatever you do.  Classic.

#150 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

Definitely leave the zip-tie on, whatever you do. Classic.

I was going to trim it but I did choose bright green specifically. 🙂

#151 Moose

Moose

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:58 AM

We received via email a list of rules that might be implemented for winter season. Most of my guys have said no if they enforce some of these rules: 15 min max in the dressing room before and after. No showers. Max 10 per team per game including goalie. All personal clothes must be placed either in your hockey bag while on the ice or in a sealable bag. No “team” water bottles and potentially full face shields will be made mandatory. Others include 4 on 4 or even 3 on 3 and all penalties would be penalty shots.

Hockey is hockey but I’m 34 years old and I’m there for drinking beer and hanging out in the room.

#152 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:18 AM

Hockey is hockey but I’m 34 years old and I’m there for drinking beer and hanging out in the room.

which I'm sure they won't allow either in the facility or the parking lot (that's how we do it in the South. beer isn't allowed in the room).

one of our rinks has a bar. when we started back up players wanted to know if they could drink in the parking lot since the bar was still closed. had to tell them no because it jeopardizes the facilities liquor license. by and large where I live, people just aren't getting it. our numbers are spiking everyday. the majority of new infections are in adults 18-40, hospitals are almost at ICU capacity and still people won't do something simple like wearing a face mask in public. SMH.

#153 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

Im crossing my fingers for September beginning in Quebec. I personally dont care aboyt after the game, but id love to be able to get dress in the room 30 minutes before stepping out the ice.

One of my pick ups at the university rink, I think they may cancel the University hockey season, soooo... :(

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#154 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

COVID has finally entered my inner circle. a friend who I consider the little brother I never had, tested positive yesterday. we played golf with him just over 2 weeks ago for his birthday. he's not sure where he got it. he's got a 2 year old in daycare and a 7 year old who was going to Summer day camp so take your pick. he doesn't think he got it from hockey but he did play about 10 days ago.  he's still waiting on test results for the kids and his wife though the wife has a temp of 101. it's also important to note that he had "pneumonia" back in January. his doctor did not test him then for COVID.
sounds like his case is "mild" (no hospital) with coughing but no respiratory distress. he says lack of sense of smell and taste are the worst and he said that symptom came on in like 20 minutes. basically he said that everything tastes like bland oatmeal.  :thumbdown: 

#155 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:22 AM

I hope hes ok.

My plan is to book ice time for myself and my girlfriend at a local rink, I need to skate.

#156 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:05 AM

Are any of you considering buying that Bauer Concept 3 mouth/splash guard when it becomes available in August?

#157 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

giphy.gif

#158 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

You and me both bro. I never thought masks would be mandatory but here we are. Hoping those kinds of regulations don’t make their way into the realm of sports.

#159 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

In Michigan for reference. Skated last night for the first time since the shutdown, almost 3 months. Masks in lobby and own water bottle, that was it. 5v5, full bench, and showers after. Pretty much like it was before.

#160 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:39 PM

Are any of you considering buying that Bauer Concept 3 mouth/splash guard when it becomes available in August?

I am though if COVID keeps going through my league like it is now, maybe not. we've reached the "denial" period now. some people in my league are even talking about, "there's a another disease going around that's kind of like pneumonia or a bad cold but it's not COVID so we can keep playing." DUDE! it's COVID! you don't get pneumonia &/or bad colds in ATL in July!

got into an argument with one guy after FOUR guys on the same team started "feeling sick" a few days after a game that ended up being a forfeit. he's not on the team but was allowed to skate because he's a Board member. the guys are sitting out their next game and getting tested but he told me that "feeling sick" and COVID weren't the same thing because he was there and feels fine. I pointed out to him that he could be asymptomatic and spreading it to other people without knowing it.

I feel right now that those who have decided the risk is worth it to play are now terrified that somehow our league will be shut down again so know they're deluding themselves.

btw, yesterday my state had almost 5000 NEW cases. in one day.