Photo

Tacki mac users

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 special blend

special blend
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

I don't cover the end of my shafts either. Don't see the issue, lots of NHL players are the same. No one in my league would ever care or notice something like that.

#22 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Oh also, why do you consider no end plug dangerous?  Are you talking about getting speared or something?

i would say this is because if you get hit somewhere in the face or so it would do less damage with a plug in the butt end. It just disperses energy and forces over a bigger surface. Imagine what happens if you were shot with an arrow, then get shot with an arrow with a flat head surface about 3cm squared that's perpendicular to the arrow body. Much less damage

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#23 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Unless you're out there doin a whole lot of butt ending I don't see how having an end cap or not matters. I have never ever seen a player get called for "no end cap". There's no reason to over analyze everything posted on here.

#24 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I mean you never know what's gonna happen out there. Hockey's pretty unpredictable out there. 

I got my first visor last year just cause i felt like trying one out. I had never been hit in the face before with anything. First session out with it, the goalie tries to fire me a passes with some zip on it. Looked like a normal pass, pretty saucery' and nice for a goalie now that i think about it. when it landed it must have hit some rut or something in the ice. It flutters a bit then hits my skate and goes straight up off the visor where my eyeball would have been if i wasn't wearing a visor. To this day I don't never not wear a visor.

#25 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I don't never not wear a visor.

SERIOUSLY? A triple negative? How does that even happen?

#26 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

SERIOUSLY? A triple negative? How does that even happen?

Stop getting upset at the smallest things, man. Get out and enjoy life or something. Writing a post on a forum to lecture someone on their grammar is such a waste of time. 

#27 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

I mean you never know what's gonna happen out there. Hockey's pretty unpredictable out there.

I got my first visor last year just cause i felt like trying one out. I had never been hit in the face before with anything. First session out with it, the goalie tries to fire me a passes with some zip on it. Looked like a normal pass, pretty saucery' and nice for a goalie now that i think about it. when it landed it must have hit some rut or something in the ice. It flutters a bit then hits my skate and goes straight up off the visor where my eyeball would have been if i wasn't wearing a visor. To this day I don't never not wear a visor.

Apples to oranges man, but if you're going to lose sleep over it, put an end cap in your stick.

#28 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Apples to oranges man, but if you're going to lose sleep over it, put an end cap in your stick.

don't really loose sleep, just thought i'd ask, some people hold the stick on the but end with their palm for danglin, so i wanted to see if an exposed end would put some holes in the mitts a little quicker than norm.

#29 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Stop getting upset at the smallest things, man. Get out and enjoy life or something. Writing a post on a forum to lecture someone on their grammar is such a waste of time. 

yea for sure, this is not an english exam or so, most people just zip along and type a response the proves a point, I don't get paid more or have consequences if i make a grammatical error, some people are just negative nancies.... or some are just trying to be funny....

oh no, look at my run-on sentence.....

#30 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

sorry for bumping a old thread but what is the best tacki mac to keep your palms in the best shape?

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#31 special blend

special blend
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I use the sand grip and palms hold up amazing.

#32 bbednarz57

bbednarz57
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I've used the sand, kane, and big butt. They are all the same damage wise I'm pretty sure, I haven't noticed any difference in wear between them. All have caused extremely minimal wear.

#33 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

I bought my 1st one today and hope to review it soon

#34 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

I use the wrapped ones and love them, same feel as tape and the smallest knob. barely wears gloves too

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#35 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

just got one they are nice but took me a long time to get on. had to keep reheating the adhesive

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#36 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Use hair spray it works great! There's a kid on YouTube that show how to do it and it works well
Liddy:-)

#37 JST

JST
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I used WD 40 worked like a charm! Skated w the Tacki Mac grips...love them! Great feel!

#38 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

I cut them up to be honest, a "regular" flat tape job and instead of a knob a 3cm (about an inch) ring of tacki, secured with a strip of tape at the bottom. Great grip within the palm, regular tape grip within the finger region.

#39 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

what is the thinnest model of those tacki mac grips? and where are they cheap to buy im in canada

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#40 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

sand grip

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff