Photo

Tacki mac users

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

buy them from their ebay page actually or their site, shipping is cheap as crap 

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#42 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

ok thanks ill go on there page for the link for ebay

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#43 Stothers86

Stothers86
  • LocationToronto Ontario

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sportchek and National Sports both sell them. i think like $7 plus taxes or something. i just ordered them off their own site

#44 Erock84

Erock84
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

I pick them up at hockey monkey. Love the Patrick Kane one. I have about 10 of them as spares.

#45 Thebig

Thebig

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah its stupud but i cant shop on sportcheck website. Im in quebec and sportcheck is in ontario so with my IP adress they redirect me to sport experts website and they suck.

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

#46 Thebig

Thebig

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

What about wood extension. Can you use the hairspray trick with out the tape. I saw on other forums that the tape that tacki mac give you leave a nadty residue on your stick and its hard to take off. Just wondering since i change stick a lot.

LOOKING FOR

#47 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

What about wood extension. Can you use the hairspray trick with out the tape. I saw on other forums that the tape that tacki mac give you leave a nadty residue on your stick and its hard to take off. Just wondering since i change stick a lot.

yes you can, or just a dab of dish soap works as well as long as you leave it ample time to dry after

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#48 Thebig

Thebig

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

yes you can, or just a dab of dish soap works as well as long as you leave it ample time to dry after

Thanks

LOOKING FOR

#49 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

found it

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#50 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Do you guys know if you can put a tacki on a tapered extension?

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#51 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Sure can. I have one in a tapered warrior extension I bought. It works just fine. Atleast half way up. I cut the extension down a bit. It is possible that it could be too thin at the very top, but I doubt it.

#52 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone tried the golf tape strips to reapply when you want to use the tacki mac on a different stick. http://www.golftown....#.VWnIRSvF95c Itried the hairspray and it usually works out but I think the shaft size is different from my old stick to this stick so it feels a little bit loose on the stick 

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#53 FearlessMadog

FearlessMadog
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Tacki Mac has replacement tape strips on their website for 50 cents each.

#54 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

I find using hairspray works better than the tape strips fyi. Not sure if you have tried that before.

#55 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:31 AM

Save yourself the trouble, just buy a new one for a new twig. Here it's 7.99 plus tax so it's 9 with tax roughly. You guys spend $200 on a nice twig but want to reuse a $7 tacki mack.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#56 miscs75

miscs75

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

what is the thinnest model of those tacki mac grips? and where are they cheap to buy im in canada

I've used the wrapped and sand. The wrapped is the thinnest by far.

#57 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

Really? I have had the opposite experience. All the sands I've used have always been FAR thinner than any other model I've received. So thin to the point the start to rip towards the bottom after a few months of use. The sand grip is personally my favorite.

#58 miscs75

miscs75

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Really? I have had the opposite experience. All the sands I've used have always been FAR thinner than any other model I've received. So thin to the point the start to rip towards the bottom after a few months of use. The sand grip is personally my favorite.

The sand is thin on the bottom but it feels alot fatter IMO. I have 2 white sand grips that I took off of sticks and won't eve use if you want them. The only catch is that they're inside out from being removed off of sticks and need to be reversed.

#59 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

I feel like you may be using the command one, the sand one is the thinest one they make I'm pretty sure, I been using the sand one for a while now, some people are sketched out by it but I have converted a few and they love them now. 

#60 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

It depends on which one you use too. The sand long is thinner than the sand short.