findursol's Content

There have been 49 items by findursol (Search limited from 07-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#377531 Forced to use certain gear?

Posted by findursol on 17 June 2021 - 09:17 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I thought about this recently -- It's interesting that legitimate pros are using lower end gear in lower level leagues than most of us here. Gloves and skates aside I'd be fine with mostly whatever.

#376932 Site access issues?

Posted by findursol on 29 April 2021 - 08:43 AM in Off Topic

Got the sex message too. Thought it was pretty funny.

#376253 Best Full Face Shield/Bubble for CCM V08

Posted by findursol on 11 March 2021 - 10:33 AM in Hockey Gear

ditto the CCM bubble, coating is quite durable and it doesn't fog up

#374422 K Pop Hockey

Posted by findursol on 04 December 2020 - 02:12 PM in Hockey Talk

Super goofy & dumb, but if brings more people to the sport...

#373855 Issue Has Been Resolved

Posted by findursol on 05 November 2020 - 10:19 AM in Hockey Gear

I’m not shocked at all Verbero is teaming up with them. They make such subpar gear. I had a pair of gloves that was so bad from them it was laughable compared to anything I used. Just throw these helmets in and it’s hilarious.

the thumbs on the dextra series gloves I had scared me. so thin & hollow. stupidly, I removed the backhand & finger blockers as well. lost $100 flipping them. absolutely zero surprise the company bringing out that garbage is the one picking up these guys, who seemingly can't resolve a single customer's laundry list of concerns about their product - or even address them.

#373821 Issue Has Been Resolved

Posted by findursol on 03 November 2020 - 10:24 AM in Hockey Gear

I hope these don’t get CSA approval. They don’t seem safe or sturdy at all.

my thinking...if they put such little effort into the exterior fit & finish of it, how can I believe that there was any more time spent on actually designing it to protect my head? I had 4 diagnosed concussions before I was in HS, have never cared about protection a bucket provides beyond being on my head, and wouldn't dream of using that thing. why would you? is the argument to be made that this tiny niche company of 5 or 10 people is more skilled at producing protective headwear than CCM or Bauer - regardless of appearance - that've done it longer than most of us have been alive? I don't think they'd come out of that a winner...

#373485 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by findursol on 19 October 2020 - 10:51 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I know Ultrasonic wheels are super old news now, but what is wrong with these cuffs? They look like they've been in direct sunlight for the last 5 years.

#373315 Removing Grip from Stick Shaft

Posted by findursol on 09 October 2020 - 07:57 AM in Hockey Gear

My buddy uses a super coarse sanding disk on his shaft really lightly to rough it up, then hits it with some rock texture rattle can. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking to do, though. Just a shortcut to not buy sandpaper grip twigs that are usually harder to find.

#373296 Sherwood is back in the NHL?

Posted by findursol on 07 October 2020 - 10:38 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

What's next? Wood sticks?

probably an even uglier one. seems to be the biggest innovation, lol

#372945 Pro Pants Question

Posted by findursol on 22 September 2020 - 11:58 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Thanks - I think i'll pick up both Coverts and a girdle and try them both.  I read in another thread people seem to like the new Jetstream?  Any other go-to girdles to check out?

I'm pretty sure it's the MX3 that everybody swears by, pretty old model now. If not MX3 it's another Supreme model, I can't stand girdles but somebody else could tell you for sure.

I think you guys convinced me - but findursol's sizing doesnt seem to line up with Dupes, haha.

Based on how my Hustlers in L fit, I want to try a M+1, but I think I'm a lot bigger than findursol at 6'3 / 195 (and if anything my legs are longer than average, not shorter).

Any insight from the group?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to DM you photos to help w/ your fit. Also worth mentioning, this is the Warrior pant sizing guide from PSH. I'm at the very smallest end of M+1, I like the extra length for comfort & knee coverage tbh.

#372923 Pro Pants Question

Posted by findursol on 21 September 2020 - 11:13 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

No I haven't... Are they lighter / more streamlined as well? Or is more that they fit better?

Recent covert line pants are my favorite & it's not even close. They're fairly light, the waist/hip fit is super low volume/close & the leg/thigh fit is pretty wide/'free' but amply padded & contoured. I wear a M+1", I'm 6' and around a 30/32 waist in pants. Short legs. If you haven't tried them I echo that suggestion. 

#372797 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by findursol on 13 September 2020 - 06:07 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Am I missing something?

#372796 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by findursol on 13 September 2020 - 06:01 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Those are sweet. Gotta love new glow day

Right? Beautiful color scheme for a pair of glows.

#372793 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by findursol on 13 September 2020 - 03:20 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I could use some help with sizing.

I've been using a pair of 14" retail 4RPro (not the new 2, the older model) for the last couple of years and my fingers push the stretch gusset out about an 1/8". Based on what I've read here and in other forums- CCM pro stock being .25" to .5" larger than retail depending upon model- I went with a pair of 14" TKPP. Unfortunately, they don't fit very well; my pinky and ring finger jam into the gusset quite uncomfortably when shooting. I've got a pair of 15" on the way, but I'm concerned those won't work either because I grabbed a pair of 15" PJSPP (FT1 with shot blocker) and the fingers are too long. Both pairs I've tried are team stock from the Avalanche. I wanted a tighter fitting glove and figured I'd keep the pair I liked more and sell the other.

Do I need an in-between size? Or do I need to start down the road of finding a player that has gloves with specs that match what would fit my hand? I have admittedly only used retail 14" 4-roll style gloves up to this point (CCM, Eagle, and Graf) so maybe my expectation of how the tapered and contoured gloves should fit is off? PSH has some Montreal 14.5" TK's available but I haven't seen any other 14.5" pairs so I wasn't sure if those are legit pro stock or a PSH SMU. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!

Highest volume 14s I've had personally are pro-stock 1Ns. Somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Nexus line is as much finger volume as you're gonna find in a semi-new pro stock glove without going up a size.

#372789 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by findursol on 13 September 2020 - 01:31 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

New Royal Blue Buffalo mitts via IG/rasmusdahlinn

#372764 Where do you live and which NHL team do you prefer?

Posted by findursol on 12 September 2020 - 07:18 AM in Hockey Talk

The 08 SCF & 09 SC pushed me to the Penguins. I live about a mile from the arena now. $25 lower bowl double attack zone baby! Patty Kane was my favorite player growing up, though. I was never as big on Crosby or Tanger as I was Geno & Fleury.

#372688 Jordan Schroeder Sticks (Assistance Please?)

Posted by findursol on 08 September 2020 - 07:21 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I'm pretty sure somebody better w/ sticks than I could give you an idea of the curve/pattern with a shaft-down shot, or at least narrow it down some. If you buy a 6-pack of sticks via MyBauer in vapor/supreme/nexus, you're looking at $1800-2000 ish + tax unless you know somebody or there's still coupons going around. There might be a better option, but that's the only one I'm aware of if you want true custom from Bauer as a retail customer without buying 279 different twigs. With CCM, again, could be a better option I'm not aware of, but I believe you need to go through your local pro shop to put an order in. I tried to very recently & they told me it's going to be 3-4 months before they're even available to fulfill again because of COVID. 6 stick minimum vs 1. They're cheaper than Bauer, though, at like $250 vs $290-310. I believe Warrior is the same as CCM, need to go through a local shop. 

#372549 UltraSonic Flex Question

Posted by findursol on 01 September 2020 - 08:20 AM in Hockey Gear

Yep it was. Just got an email back from Bauer saying that starting with this Supreme launch, going forward across their stick lines they will not be offering a 102 flex at retail on anything.  Only through their MyBauer custom program.

I get that flexes are trending down, but for a guy like myself (6'2" 260lbs), I need a stiffer flex. I've tried the whippy sticks and it just doesn't feel comfortable to me at all. If they didn't want to stock them on the shelves, I get that, but it should still be maybe a special order only option? Like I know my LHS for the longest time would not order in any 102s for their inventory, but they would do a direct order for anyone who wanted that option.

Oh well. This is just more incentive to leave Bauer behind and stick to CCM/Warrior.

I doubt I'll ever buy another Bauer stick. CCM's been killing the game for years, so many things push me back every time.

#372509 The "thats cool but i dont need it" on Ebay thread

Posted by findursol on 28 August 2020 - 07:44 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

2119169-bauer-used-re-akt-pro-vvn-sm-ice-hockey-helmets

cheap VVN re-akt

#372486 WTB: Green Helmet

Posted by findursol on 27 August 2020 - 07:54 AM in Gear wanted

Looking for a pro-stock or logo stripped 'Wild Green' helmet to finish a set. I'm open to the OG Re-Akt, 100, 150, or 200, CCM Resistance, Tacks 710, or 910, and Warrior Alpha One/Pro, or Krown PX3. Likely size medium, but might be able to use a small depending on the model. Please feel free to PM me if you have anything that fits the bill. PayPal/trades available. Shipping to NE US. Thanks all!

#372469 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by findursol on 25 August 2020 - 10:24 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

you've clearly never seen one of these in person:

a21f7f50066813.56087457ad0c6.jpg

No f**king way... That's awful.

#372468 Sherwood CODE V?

Posted by findursol on 25 August 2020 - 10:20 PM in Hockey Gear

Kakko was playing with one for a while, ugly graphics & all. Super ugly.

#372456 Kapanen Trade

Posted by findursol on 25 August 2020 - 11:13 AM in Hockey Talk

Per Rob Rossi of the Athletic, and now the Leafs:

PIT receives:
F Kasperi Kapanen
F Pontus Aberg (NHL Rights)
D Jesper Lindgren

TOR receives:
Pick 1-#15
F Evan Rodrigues
F Filip Hallander
D David Warsofsky

What do we think?

#372455 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by findursol on 25 August 2020 - 10:19 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

New thread ... title it “What would it take/cost to rock this?!”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254695779524

That's an easy #2 or #3 behind/in between this and this, ugliest 2 adult helmets I've seen.

#372440 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by findursol on 24 August 2020 - 12:57 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

C'mon, PSH.  No stripes, no Red Wings team logo, no NHL shield.  This is just a retail version of the step-down QRE Pro pants in plain red.

https://www.prostock...roit-red-wings/

That's super misleading & could end with somebody being taken advantage of without realizing. 

Edit: Just as bad lol size-m-royal-blue-warrior-covert-qr-edge-pro-pants-sphl-overstock