Chicago vs Phoenix

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Misused meme ;)

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#42 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

very good game overall, great win by phoenix, shit hit, by shaw and torres too

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#43 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm partial to the Shaw hit only because (and I know they all do it) Smith's reaction. If you're gonna go down that dramatically acting like you're head just got chopped off, then hit the soccer field. This is hockey buddy, show some toughness.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#44 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Those accusing Smitty of diving should look at Halak, his collision was far less serious and he's out of the series. As for Torres, it looks almost identical to those hits that Kronwall delivers but in open ice (Not saying it was clean)

#45 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm a much bigger fan of Hoss and a much bigger fan of the Hawks, but I didn't think that the hit was too bad, to be honest.
Obviously it sucks that Hoss got hurt. Obviously the hit was late, but based on other (lack of) suspensions, I'm curious to see what Raf gets.

#46 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

My guess is Torres gets 5 games.

BTW Hoss left the hospital in a wheelchair. :thumbdown:

#47 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hope he isn't beat up too bad!

#48 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

#49 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

That is hilarious!

#3k gsdhead.gif

#50 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

My guess is Torres gets 5 games.

BTW Hoss left the hospital in a wheelchair. :thumbdown:

no he didnt he walked out

#51 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Those accusing Smitty of diving should look at Halak, his collision was far less serious and he's out of the series. As for Torres, it looks almost identical to those hits that Kronwall delivers but in open ice (Not saying it was clean)

i'm with you on that, people saying he dove is pretty retarded, shoulder made contact with the head, but apparently lets take side with the guy who hit him in the head, the guy was reportedly throwing up after the game and dizzy all morning he only played because he wanted to but he is suffering from concussion symptoms. If that doesnt show guts, then i dont know what does.

#52 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Mike Smith said he was 100% and felt fine after the hit. I'm very curious how all this safety equipment they wear and his theatrics.

Hossa has a broken jaw and was wheeled out of the hospital (SOP) but managed to get in his ride by himself, probably done for the playoffs if a concussion was given.

No suspension for one of the biggest pieces of shit is going to justify losing one of the best players in the NHL.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#53 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

i'm with you on that, people saying he dove is pretty retarded, shoulder made contact with the head, but apparently lets take side with the guy who hit him in the head, the guy was reportedly throwing up after the game and dizzy all morning he only played because he wanted to but he is suffering from concussion symptoms. If that doesnt show guts, then i dont know what does.

Im not taking Shaw's side or saying Smith took a dive, but I am saying that he overreacted when he went down acting like he had just got shot in the face. It's one thing to fall when you've been hit and another to squirm on the ice like a 5 year old.

#3k gsdhead.gif

#54 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

It seems like there is a LOT of overreaction in the NHL this year (sorry kind of off topic for this thread)
To me, the last 2 years, I see more and more players going down to the ice everytime anything goes even close to their head. Then of course, there is 10 minutes of discussion about headshots and suspensions and everything after the play.

Getting really annoying.

#55 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Im not taking Shaw's side or saying Smith took a dive, but I am saying that he overreacted when he went down acting like he had just got shot in the face. It's one thing to fall when you've been hit and another to squirm on the ice like a 5 year old.

I think the rule needs to be addressed how goalies get protected. Smith conveniently puts himself in position to be collided with to draw penalties. There were about a dozen close calls to the same thing happening last night.

#56 totalone

totalone

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well Torres suspended until he has a meeting on friday. I hope he will be suspended the rest of the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=628445
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#57 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Suspended indefinitely...sound pretty good to me. :headbang:

#58 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Crawford lets in another soft goal in OT, Hawks down 3-1, :nono:

#59 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm a Hawks fan...they suck so bad.

Crawford is that goalie in men's league who is just happy the team lets him play with them. What a joke. Two softies in a row.

#60 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Crawford is Raycroft 2.0. Kinda Sad. Glad to see chicago down 3-1