Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#81 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Well i was on the ice for a pre game skate with some team mates 4 hours before a game, i was at the arena i work at so i left my stuff in the referee room, some guy playing oldtimers i guess walked in and stole my rinaldo total one.. he asked my team mate if someone forgot a stick on the bench but knowing it wasnt us he said no because all of our stuff was supposed to be in the ref room, and the guy the oldtimer asked is a new guy with that group so now i gotta ask all oldtimers leagues that play at the rink if theh know where my total one..

#82 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Luckily the shooter offed himself. Earlier this year CT lawmakers abolished the death penalty in our state, even though polls showed 62% of residents supported it. ( so much for doing the will of the people).

#83 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Luckily the shooter offed himself. Earlier this year CT lawmakers abolished the death penalty in our state, even though polls showed 62% of residents supported it. ( so much for doing the will of the people).

Politics and politicians are getting pretty stupid with stuff like that.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#84 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Our brilliant Governor bleeding blue yet again

#85 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

The times were I see a kid at my little 11 yr old bro's hockey skates who can not skate that good. The coach really pushes the kids and I find seeing there is 5 adults on ice with them one of them should take the kid aside and teach him the basic fundementals 1st. I really do not wanna get involved when I am home because they tend to keep at you when you help out once. My father is getting involved more with my lil'bro's hockey so I told him to look out for kids like that. I always try to lend a hand of knowledge and know how to ppl just getting into the sport. It is the kids who try something new or learn a new move or way of playing that I tend to cheer on. Some of the kids who are gifted their parents have ego's and do not even pay attention to their kid and the 5 goals they score a game. I find I also hate that the fact I have an interest in high quality hockey gear, some ppl take a negative look at it. I have shown up to pickups and wore some oilers pants or a really pair of gloves and ppl will be like you in the nhl or what? Like they think I care or that I think my gear will make me better. I played all the way up to AAA midget and I duno must just be the crowd back home here because if your gear stands out they make you feel like your too good for them. It is hockey gear!

#86 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

The times were I see a kid at my little 11 yr old bro's hockey skates who can not skate that good. The coach really pushes the kids and I find seeing there is 5 adults on ice with them one of them should take the kid aside and teach him the basic fundementals 1st. I really do not wanna get involved when I am home because they tend to keep at you when you help out once. My father is getting involved more with my lil'bro's hockey so I told him to look out for kids like that. I always try to lend a hand of knowledge and know how to ppl just getting into the sport. It is the kids who try something new or learn a new move or way of playing that I tend to cheer on. Some of the kids who are gifted their parents have ego's and do not even pay attention to their kid and the 5 goals they score a game. I find I also hate that the fact I have an interest in high quality hockey gear, some ppl take a negative look at it. I have shown up to pickups and wore some oilers pants or a really pair of gloves and ppl will be like you in the nhl or what? Like they think I care or that I think my gear will make me better. I played all the way up to AAA midget and I duno must just be the crowd back home here because if your gear stands out they make you feel like your too good for them. It is hockey gear!

You have to understand some people are just looking for something to say. Maybe they are hardcore traditionalists that think unless you're playing for a pro team you shouldn't be wearing the gear. Maybe they don't understand why any one person would spend money on multiple pairs of gloves, pants, helmets, etc. Maybe their wife burned their dinner that night... who knows! Realize that you are wearing the gear because you enjoy it. I'm sure those people that feel the need to run their mouths have hobbies or habits that would make you raise an eyebrow. It is annoying, I am not denying that. But it is also annoying when people have equipment that smells like someone defecated in it, or let a dead raccoon decompose in their bag as well. But, I keep my mouth shut because it's not any of my business.

Which leads me to this rant... Hang your gear out to dry when you get home from the rink! At least take it out of the trunk of your car and open the bag so some air can get to it. I won't say anything, but the fact the smell in your bag could gag a maggot should throw up some red flags. I don't know how people can put on a pair of pants, shins, skates, gloves, shoulder pads, elbows, etc. that smell that bad. I'm not a germ freak or anything but you have to be kidding me with that. The worst are the jamokes that leave their bags in their car trunks during the summer between skates and just let their gear bake and ferment. Had a guy at pickup last week that opened up his bag and I was almost physically ill because of the smell. it made me cough when the smell hit me.

#87 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Had a guy at pickup last week that opened up his bag and I was almost physically ill because of the smell. it made me cough when the smell hit me.

^there is a goalie who will come to pickup, bless his heart, guy isn't that great and his gear smells awful. Take what you described and mix in a little cat urine... the bathroom actually smells better than the locker room when he shows up.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#88 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

^there is a goalie who will come to pickup, bless his heart, guy isn't that great and his gear smells awful. Take what you described and mix in a little cat urine... the bathroom actually smells better than the locker room when he shows up.

Haha I've had the same problem. Some goalie I played with had the absolute worst smelling gear. He had a pair of socks that looked like they were dipped in piss and were disintegrating from the bacteria. And of course who always got stuck by him in the dressing room. Me. I was worried that his stench was going to drift over to my gear and make it stink.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#89 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

That is the thing though Joey I hate ppl who feel the need to point out that you have new stuff and that you do not need it. I mean really makes no sense to me to go out of your way to point someoen out. I never am one to haul out a new piece I pick up and be like look at this guys. I am one of those ppl who hauls the bright edm oiler pants out of his bag and shoves em on and gets out there on the ice without showing them. I guess since I am here in middle of nowhere Newfoundland and not many pants besides black are worn guys look at me as different. Sucks not having many gear whores around where I live. I'd love to play in a beer league where pro stock was common. It even makes me turn more towards mainstream color hockey gear like navy,black. Sucks having to answer a million questions on pro color gloves and why do you need them. Ppl just do not understand.

#90 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Played like a pile of hot garbage this morning. Had no jump at all. I got sprung on a breakaway on a BEAUT of a pass, and I looked back to see if we had a 2-on-0, and I fumbled the puck into the corner while I was looking. Looked like a serious duster our there.

#91 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

That is the thing though Joey I hate ppl who feel the need to point out that you have new stuff and that you do not need it. I mean really makes no sense to me to go out of your way to point someoen out. I never am one to haul out a new piece I pick up and be like look at this guys. I am one of those ppl who hauls the bright edm oiler pants out of his bag and shoves em on and gets out there on the ice without showing them. I guess since I am here in middle of nowhere Newfoundland and not many pants besides black are worn guys look at me as different. Sucks not having many gear whores around where I live. I'd love to play in a beer league where pro stock was common. It even makes me turn more towards mainstream color hockey gear like navy,black. Sucks having to answer a million questions on pro color gloves and why do you need them. Ppl just do not understand.

Oh I'm not trying to say that it doesn't suck. I'm 25 and play with guys that have been wearing the same equipment since they were in highschool. Holes in their pants, holes in their gloves, holes in their skates, they don't care. Those people will never understand why you aren't using equipment from 8-10 years ago too, let alone why you're using gear made for professionals. I take heat from a few guys at my Sunday pickup all the time, even a few guys on the team I'm captain of get on me from time to time "Why do your gloves have your name on them? Why do you have more than one helmet/gloves/pants/socks?". I have heard it all. I hate to say it, but there are jerks everywhere, you just got to deal with it.

#92 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Bought a couple of st louis blues end plugs off here. Got em, installed em in my RBZs, and they were beauties. Finished my first game with them, and they're nowhere to be found. Must have fallen out. ARGH

#93 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Spot on. And only $1348. Not to bad. And insurance won't cover me due to my Tricare coverage which most civilian hospitals don't wanna take. Sooooo I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Stuff like this makes it impossible for me to understand how Americans can be against universal healthcare. Say what you you will about wait times in Canadian hospitals, no matter the issue, I'm covered.

#94 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Stuff like this makes it impossible for me to understand how Americans can be against universal healthcare. Say what you you will about wait times in Canadian hospitals, no matter the issue, I'm covered.

As a dual citizen(mom was a Toronto native) serving down here in the states I can't get it either. But then again I can't get half the ignorant things people vote for and against down here.

#95 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

As a dual citizen(mom was a Toronto native) serving down here in the states I can't get it either. But then again I can't get half the ignorant things people vote for and against down here.

i find it fucking annoying that they vote something in and negate it with a hidden clause. Most of it is a joke.

I'd love universal health care, hell Obama care gets so much hatred, and a lot of it is drivel by people without insurance who need to see a doctor too, but you can't cure ignorance and stupidity.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#96 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I was playing in a beginner pickup game yesterday. I am not a beginner and am only out there as a favor to the gentleman that organizes it to help teach the new guys and girl, distribute the puck, and make sure no one gets hurt. Well, yesterday we had a new guy that decided he was too hung over to come to the earlier advanced pick ups and wanted to get his ice time anyway so the beginner pickup it was. Also brough three of his buddies that were way too good to be playing in this game. Now, if they were blatantly better but were playing to help teach I would have had no issue with that, but these jamokes were skating as hard as they could and only passing to each other.

About half way through the game guy comes down and winds up a slap shot from the left point and lets it rip into a crowd in front of the net, me being one of them. It missed everyone, thankfully, because it was 8 feet off the ice by the time it hit the glass. I followed the guy down the ice and told him to tone it down; we're playing with people that can barely skate, let alone ready to get smacked with a slapshot. Well, he saw nothing wrong with what he was doing and (I'm paraphrasing politely) told me to go mind my own business. Next time I'm out on a shift the same guy gets the puck at the point, finds me and winds up another shot. (I followed his eyes, he was looking for me) The thing whistled past my face. Now, I'm not an angry person by any means, but I have to go to work the next day and so does everyone else out there. I decided that this guy needed to have a message pounded home and I let the guy running it know what I was going to do.

I decided to go with this classic from Alex Kovalev:

I absolutely flattened the guy, then got up and skated away. Next time down the ice he didn't even look to shoot but passed to the weaker players around him... Sometimes it takes a sledgehammer to get a point across... very unfortunate.

#97 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Good on ya Joey.

My rant will be short and sweet. I've lost two friends this new years, one(old battle) passed from injuries overseas. The other also an old army buddy passed after a year long battle with leukemia...

Remember to show love to those close to you. I didn't have a chance the last few months.

Happy new years guys.

#98 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I have been sick over a week now and all I want to do is get on the ice...

#99 kevin92285

kevin92285

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Bought a pair of gloves off ebay and the guy didn't even bother to tell me the interior padding has been cut. On top of that, he charges $25 for shipping and handling, shoves both gloves into an usps envelope. What a putz. Filed a claim against him.

#100 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Bought a pair of gloves off ebay and the guy didn't even bother to tell me the interior padding has been cut. On top of that, he charges $25 for shipping and handling, shoves both gloves into an usps envelope. What a putz. Filed a claim against him.

Posted Image
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises