Photo

HOCKEY MONKEY SENT ME BROKEN STICK

Broken stick

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#21 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

How much cheaper is shipping to the US from them... To Canada its $40 on everything haha. Would love to know

Sorry to be unrelated

Shipping to a US address is $10

If that's what your looking for.

#22 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, $10-$15 depending on the purchase price.

#23 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Even with the $40 shipping it is still like almost $60 cheaper to buy from them, thats why I like buying stuff from them, i've gotten blades off them before and a baseball glove this summer from homerunmonkey, never had a problem with them before

Agreed but I have friends in the US that always help me out :)

Thanks!
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#24 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

i actually posted in icew years ago.

Back when they had the pro stock dolomite sales for blades and shafts.

I got a Dimitrakos blade and it came broken in the middle when i pulled it out of the box, i called hockey monkey, they asked for a picture, i sent them pictures, and a week later i got a new one in the mail and told me to just throw that one away. Their customer service is great.

See the trick is, be nice to them. and be patient.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#25 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Yeah the appropriate reaction (that of an adult) isn't "THEY SENT ME A BROKEN STICK FUCK THEM HORRIBLE PEOPLE". It obviously broke in transit, and they'll handle it cause they have insurance. But don't act like a jerkoff cause they didn't answer an email within 5 minutes.

#26 jakedajewler

jakedajewler
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

W

#27 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's only been two days, Jesus, act like an adult. You need to relax. Fake phone numbers? What the hell are you talking about? Use the number on their website.

#28 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I was nice untill it was time to not be nice, It started out nice but then it went down hill quickly when they began ignoring me and sending me bogus phone numbers to call that's when I went irate. Like a guy on another board said he ordered up a rain barrel when he opened it was scratched he called the company they sent a new one out that day and sent him a label to send it back that's customer service, this happend wed and I still haven't heard anything from them.

I seriously doubt that one of the biggest hockey retailer would do this on purpose, then add salt to the wound by sending you a bogus number.

Your arguement about the scratched item is a totally different situation. 1.) they can resell the item as blemished at a lower price to recoup the shipping and other costs, you can't do that with a broken stick. 2.) since your stick was broken, they have to deal with the shipping carrier that broke the stick in transit. The carriers probably deal with way of these than anyone thinks so it takes time. 3.) I'm sure the Monkey has to deal with a large number of these requests as well. Don't expect them to halt all return operations for you 4.) you're in Canada, it can be a totally different experience than in the States. Unless the person who told the scratched item story specifically said he was in Canada, you have to take his experience with a big grain of salt.

Also, like others have said, constantly emailing them is only going to slow it down. Holding their employees to machine like standards isn't going to make the process any easier. They're human, they will get annoying, you'll become a low priority on their list. Have some patience and let them work it out before burning them for something that wasn't even their fault and let them try to fix it.

#29 jakedajewler

jakedajewler
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I

#30 jakedajewler

jakedajewler
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

S

#31 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Act like an adult? Do you have any real world experice there bud? Well I work in the business world and i've seen people yelled at in front of a room full of people for not returning a call to a client within 8 hours. 2 full days is not an acceptable time frame for replaying to a customer I don't care what line of work your in. You wouldn't last long in the real world pal I'd give you a week

I am positive I have more "real world experience" than you not to mention my MS in Economics and I think you overreacting. But this is hilarious so keep going.

#32 Lunchbox4

Lunchbox4
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I am positive I have more "real world experience" than you not to mention my MS in Economics and I think you overreacting. But this is hilarious so keep going.

:headbang:

#33 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hahaha this kid is hilarious. I love Internet tough guys. This is the type of douchebag who doesn't tip in restaurants and has his food messed with, and rightfully so.

#34 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

They've always been good to me in Canada!

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#35 jakedajewler

jakedajewler
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

R

#36 slapshot

slapshot

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

It takes time. I ordered a pair of gloves from hockeymonkey the cuff on the right glove had broke. They have to go through the steps of making sure everything is on up and up. It took me four days until they sent me a reply. They made sure to take care of the problem and made sure I was happy ( which was a up grade in gloves).

#37 jakedajewler

jakedajewler
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

E

#38 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I understand that's life , i've actually recieved a package that was nothing had a note from the post office that said sorry your package was stolen call us at this number. This is life, but what I do expect is some kinda communication same day. Not 2 days later and still waiting that is completly unexceptable, it's not like they its an important job your working at a sporting goods store. Just a we are looking into it, contact you soon. i've already written a bunch of responses to this thread and i've been working so if I can do it so can they

Wrong, you're an upset customer that has been ranting for nearly two days about how the man is trying to keep you down. You can come on here and over at MSH as much as you want, and you will, to complain and it will not make an ounce of difference because Hockey Monkey needs to go through their protocol for this situation. When they have done their due dilligence you will have a response. Stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum not only ensures you will get more upset every second that goes by and no one pays attention to you, but it also shows everyone around you how out-of-touch with reality you are.

I would be interested to know what "business world" you work in where a boss would ream out an employee in front of a room full of people. It sounds eerily similar to the amount of tact and maturity that you have shown here. By, "amount of tact and maturity," I, of course, mean none at all. See, where I work, if a customer is behaving like an infant they are treated accordingly. If you for one second do not think that some guys in customer service are getting upset with your shenanigans and may now be dragging their feet to see just how upset you will get, you are incredibly wrong.

The age-old mantra "The customer is always right" cannot be further from the truth. Usually, the customer's expectations and ideals cannot be farther from the truth because they have no clue about how things work. I have had to set people down and explain why they need to relax and let the process play itself out more times than I care to remember. When working in retail the customer always wants something for nothing.

End Rant.

#39 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Please lock this thread.
:up:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#40 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:45 AM