gator's Content

There have been 62 items by gator (Search limited from 10-June 23)

Sort by                Order  

#98072 WTB: Franchises, CL Gloves

Posted by gator on 14 March 2013 - 05:54 PM in Gear wanted

Want to buy:

CCM U+ CL 13" pro stock gloves

or

Warrior Franchise 13" pro stock gloves 

I'm flexible on colors/teams.

Please let me know if you have any that you are interested in selling.

Thanks.

#83673 liveevil

Posted by gator on 29 January 2013 - 01:26 AM in Feedback

Great communication and paid quick, would definitely do business with Brian again.

#125307 WTB: Warrior DT1 PS sticks

Posted by gator on 03 June 2013 - 06:05 PM in Gear wanted

Looking to buy right handed Warrior pro stock DT1's, open to most patterns except extreme heel curves, flex 80-100, preferably new. Let me know if you have any that you're looking to sell. Thanks.  

#82631 SOLD! Sabres 3rd Color Reebok Pants (MHP7000)

Posted by gator on 24 January 2013 - 08:39 PM in Pants - For Sale

Great price ...one point they were going for $200 +

Thanks. I really like the color but just can't get them to fit right.

#82424 SOLD! Sabres 3rd Color Reebok Pants (MHP7000)

Posted by gator on 24 January 2013 - 01:45 AM in Pants - For Sale

Got these two weeks ago from bakerboy and have worn them for two pickup games. The padding is great and so is the color, but these Reeboks just do not fit me well.

Model: Reebok mhp7000.sp
Size: large
Condition: used, slight pilling on the black inner lining around hip area, lowers look virtually new, no lace. Overall, the pants are in excellent condition.

SOLD!

Thanks.

Posted Image

#81893 Redwing Bauer lowers with reebok uppers size large

Posted by gator on 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM in Pants - For Sale

if they're still available i'll take the lowers.

#78280 new to pro stock and new to the forum

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 01:50 AM in New Members

I've already posted some questions, and just wanted to say hello. I discovered pro stock gear very recently while searching for ironically, info on retail gear. Never knew there was this pro stock universe!

Anyways, registered a few days ago and thanks to all of the great info and pics i've already bought my first piece of pro stock gear. Thanks for setting up this forum, looking forward to seeing and learning more.

#125225 tyson_two

Posted by gator on 03 June 2013 - 01:51 PM in Feedback

apologies, this feedback is a bit late... sold a pair of hawks pants to tyson_two, very easy to work with, would not hesitate to recommend, A+++

#78407 new to pro stock and new to the forum

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM in New Members

lol thanks. i have noticed that i spend alot more time than i ever did looking at gear now.

#97216 Custom Skate prices

Posted by gator on 12 March 2013 - 06:42 PM in Hockey Gear

Say I can't fit into APX's (I'm good in Nexus) but really want an APX would a custom APX fit my foot or would I still run into the volume issue?

if volume is your only issue i think this could be achieved by an experienced/knowledgeable fitter. i had the volume increased on my nxg's by going with i believe was a one size larger upper. i happened to have a foot that worked with either vapor or supreme boots, they just fit (and mis-fit) in different places. my fitter was experienced enough to know depending on which boot style i chose, which modifications would have to be done to a vapor vs a supreme. for any custom skates, i really think that it comes down to who fits you. 

#97151 Custom Skate prices

Posted by gator on 12 March 2013 - 04:07 PM in Hockey Gear

i got custom nxg's in october, it was 899. i also had the choice of going with reebok or ccm, i believe it was 699 for ccm u+ cl and 899 for reebok 20k's. my shop seemed to be consistent, retail skate price + 100 custom charge.

if you're going to spend this much on skates, id say make sure you have a very good, experienced fitter. the fitter may even have a brand preference just based on what they are familiar with and have had success with.

#88434 Bauer one95 Pant

Posted by gator on 14 February 2013 - 01:28 AM in Hockey Gear

i have two pairs on one95's, one came laced up all the way and one didn't. it is noticeably tighter with the top two laced for sure. i don't know if there's a real benefit from using them, except getting it tighter around that area which is probably more of a personal preference. btw sweet pickup.

#132436 CCM CL vs X60 skates

Posted by gator on 29 June 2013 - 03:27 PM in Hockey Gear

I always thought it was vapor- narrowest, nexus- middle then supreme- widest. .

Vapor is built on a true last, D = D, EE = EE. Supreme is built on oversized last, D = E, EE = EEE.

Nexus is built on an even bigger last, D = EE, EE = EEEE (I think).

The three lines all have different shapes as well.

I don't know why they make it so confusing, but I believe this is correct.

#132434 CCM CL vs X60 skates

Posted by gator on 29 June 2013 - 03:24 PM in Hockey Gear

I've had CL's and Vapors before. Was a 7D in CL and 7EE in Vapors. The Vapors are going to be wider, have more instep volume, and a wider heel also. You may want to try to rebake the CL's or maybe even have them stretched a bit for width if it's just a little bit tight. 

#120448 AX1 vs CL elbows?

Posted by gator on 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM in Hockey Gear

i've been using the ax1's for about 2 weeks now, they are more mobile than the 11k's i had before and feel similar in weight. the ax1 does seem to be higher quality than the 11k's and i'm hoping the anti-odor liner helps regulate the stench. i also have old rbk/jofa elbows and would say that ax1 do indeed fit similar. haven't used the cl elbows so can't comment, but i did consider them previously.

#133196 pro stock bauer one95 pant users CHIME IN

Posted by gator on 02 July 2013 - 04:49 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

the 2 front pad pieces up by the crotch area in these pants always bunch up on me...

ive considered cutting them right out/ trimming them so they dont get so caught up/pushed around..

has anyone else done this? or am i just cray cray

haha

thanks

i think i know what you are referring to, the odd shaped pads to the sides of the lacing? these bunch up/move around for me as well. i havent cut them, but the padding is so weak on these pads i wonder if it really has any benefit.

#109805 Most Protective Pants??`

Posted by gator on 17 April 2013 - 01:31 PM in Hockey Gear

My franchise pants are the most protective pants I've worn.

+1. also very mobile and lighter than most of the ps pants i've worn.  

#105243 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 04 April 2013 - 03:56 PM in Pants - For Sale

Too many black pants and looking to sell:

1. Chicago Blackhawks CCM 520 Vented, Size L, Brand new with tags. Bought from HM and looking to get what I paid for them SOLD

2. New Jersey Devils Warrior Hustlers, Size XL. Bought new and wore exactly 4 times. The Six pack protector has been removed but is included. No longer available.

3. Bauer Supremes, Plain Black (College pants?), Size L. Brand new with tags. Small embroidered Bauer logo on front, nothing on back. Bought them from TSR awhile back, asking what I paid -  SOLD

I am willing to ship to Canada but would need to calculate the exact cost (please PM me), roughly $25-30.

#105336 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 04 April 2013 - 10:16 PM in Pants - For Sale

Thanks for all the comments guys. Just got back to my computer and replying to PM's now.

Also have a pair of Oilers One95's (older version) that I will be posting when I get around to taking pics as local deal didn't go through as expected.

Thanks.

#106842 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 09 April 2013 - 03:11 PM in Pants - For Sale

Bauer pants have been sold. Please lock.

#105458 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 05 April 2013 - 02:46 PM in Pants - For Sale

Hawks 520s are pending.

#105785 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 06 April 2013 - 07:53 PM in Pants - For Sale

Hawks pants are now sold. Hustlers and Bauers still available.

Thanks.

#106686 Blackhawks CCM 520 L, Devils Warrior Hustler XL + more

Posted by gator on 09 April 2013 - 01:04 AM in Pants - For Sale

Devils Hustlers are no longer available. 

I know I've done it before, but can't seem to remember...does anyone know how to edit the post title?

Thanks

#97543 SOLD Please lock

Posted by gator on 13 March 2013 - 02:18 PM in Pants - For Sale

what size waist would these fit? and do these have the beefed up plastics? thanks.

#97564 SOLD Please lock

Posted by gator on 13 March 2013 - 03:07 PM in Pants - For Sale

thanks, these are the ones i am interested in ordering, but need a different size and want the beefed up plastics.