CCMHockey's Content

There have been 25 items by CCMHockey (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#370753 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 30 May 2020 - 12:05 AM in Hockey Gear

How does the Jetspeed girdle compare to the 9K. Would we be seeing the Jetspeed one in the NHL or the 9K still the king there?

Havent had a 9K in the office in awhile but they are the same design so fit should be similar, The caps are the same jofa JDP shape as the 9k but with more modern foams and materials which is where the weight savings comes from.  The Jetspeed is more accessable from the front, not as much of an internal pair of shorts like the 9k had.

The JS girdle is definitely available to the NHL, with everyone out of the office on quarantine and considering how deep into the season we are, we havent gotten an opportunity to pick up any juicy chatter from the Pro reps. But hopefully we will soon. There mostlikely has been early adoption by girdle wearers that wore out their 9k or tacks.

Thanks for following up

I was wondering why I got both the ST and 7092 in clearance earlier this year, now this confirms it. Haven't had a chance to test either on the ice, but since I love the 9k I don't think those two will be too heavy :)

Can you elaborate on the 1" extension around the waist? Is this in the shell same as with the ST shell as the legs are adjustable for more than 1"?

Side-note: The IW review of the JetSpeed girdle is out, https://www.youtube....h?v=mSxeSh3lK98

The +1 is the same concept as on the players pants, unzips around the waist so the legs drop down 1", gives you a longer fit

#370646 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 27 May 2020 - 06:05 PM in Hockey Gear

@CCMHockey: The catalog linked shows the JetSpeed girdle, but not the SuperTacks or the 7092 girdles. Can you outline the difference of the JetSpeed to those two?

It looks like a step-in (similar 7092) with more segmentation (similar ST) and a fixed spine protector (7092)?

So both tacks girdles have been discontinued, they were coming in a bit too heavy for what the girdle market was demanding.  The Jetspeed pulls a lot of high end features from the Super Tacks but weighs closer to a price point pant. 

Spine: Fixed with D3O

Hip: keep JDP caps but no D3O(D3O isnt the lightest foam so it saves a lot of weight excluding it from the hip)

Thigh straps: Vertical and width adjustability just like the 9k/Super Tacks 

Add 1" extension around the waist for increased length

Added segmentation around the back side

#370532 Bauer Supreme Ultrasonic skates?

Posted by CCMHockey on 22 May 2020 - 02:55 PM in Hockey Gear

Metal eyelets, what a concept

#370523 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by CCMHockey on 22 May 2020 - 12:13 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

RwnMftcl.jpg 3eOBylSl.jpg

xTl65QGl.jpg HO3Qknzl.jpg

Most comfortable glove out there 

#370522 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by CCMHockey on 22 May 2020 - 12:13 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

What do the HG12s fit closest to (in terms of taper and fingers)
These are the gloves I’ve owned recently for comparison:

HG50
HGTK
HGQL
Warrior Covert (DT1 or QR1)
Bauer Vapor X:60/ APX

Tough thing is, HG12s arent a bulky glove but fit a touch looser around the fingers and hand than most of those gloves.

-12s are more flexible and comfy than HG50s

-More flexible and looser than TKs

Maybe a bit less tapered and fitted over the hand than a Jetspeed or V@por but probably the closest of your list

#370521 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 22 May 2020 - 12:09 PM in Hockey Gear

Obviously things may have changed, but do you have a release date for the new Jetspeed protective line?

Also, with the Tacks line there is an ultra and an ultra pro option. Is this the case with the FT1 line, ie shins and elbows? Or is retail the same as pro?

RBZ line retail has always been the same as pro so I’m assuming it’s the same with the Jetspeed. CCM can correct me if I’m wrong.

New protective wont be till after 2020, with the exclusion of the Jetspeed womens protective launching this summer.

As KC said, the RBZ has been the standard pro jetspeed build for now, but if youre talking about like a Tacks Long EP, or 20K Long EP but in a new jetspeed line, well have to wait and see. The Pro Dept works quietly

#370269 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by CCMHockey on 12 May 2020 - 07:19 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

New York Rangers HGSTPP 13''.

I'm a little confused. The length of the fingers is a little longer than my 11k. I'm used to touching the gusset, but I still touch the seam at the end of the fingers. The thumb length is perfect. Otherwise, the gloves are super snug with a longer cuff but open wrist and the protection is excellent.

gallery_12217_1544_628687.jpg

Our pro mitts have +1/4" fingers compared to the retail equivalent.

#370268 Suggestions on a new helmet?

Posted by CCMHockey on 12 May 2020 - 07:14 PM in Hockey Gear

Hi all - 

I'm at my wits end trying to find a helmet that actually fits me. I've tried an IMS 9.0 in Medium which was just too small, a 4500 in Large which was too narrow, and after I stopped getting access to Bauer crap I tried an Alpha One Pro that was way too heavy but otherwise fit super well, and an E700 that everyone swears by that fit like cheeks all around. I've tried on a Resistance and a Re-Akt VN from buddies and didn't mind either briefly but haven't played games in them. 

I'm not worried about sty, protection beyond wearing a helmet or anything else. Just need something comfortable. I really like the mounting system of the Alpha One Pro where it fits the 'ropes' around your head, I don't like anything really tight to the head unless it's incredibly comfy. Huge wide head covered with thick hair. Only looking at CCM for next season. Have been playing for years and have yet to leave a game without a tension headache in my skull cap following shortly after which I'm coming to realize isn't normal. Haven't tried on a V10/V08, but I likely could get my hands on most common CCM models.

What do you guys like? Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

we have a new helmet coming out this summer thats super comfortable, protective and has 29% more adjustment travel than our existing helmets.  Also fits deeper like a v08 

#370104 STEP acquired by CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 06 May 2020 - 02:00 PM in Hockey Gear

Step Steel is now exclusive to the CCM XS Holder.⁣

It'll be interesting to see if Step's QC is impacted by this. Glad I have a few sets of steel for my Bauers

Step's process and QC will not be affected, they do something extremely well and thats why we've joined forces. They will still be producing in the same canadian facilities and have maintained all of their existing work force. 

We are still honoring the contract with True through 2020 but are currently evaluating the options beyond that.

#369930 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 01 May 2020 - 10:51 AM in Hockey Gear

Will the Jetspeed girdle have a cup pouch like the Warrior and TRUE girdles?

No cup pouch. Same as the Tacks/9k.  Maybe in the future but not now

#369337 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 17 April 2020 - 05:17 PM in Hockey Gear

Speaking of buckets... Tacks 910... When?

"in these unprecedented times" and in such a "fluid situation" all we can say is itll be out this summer.

#369181 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 15 April 2020 - 12:12 PM in Hockey Gear

You should shave the toe on the P88 and keep everything else constant. It would result in a much more versatile pattern imo. I realize the P30 sort of did this but I’m not a fan of the super open toe.

The only option for a mild curve at retail now is also one with a flat toe rocker which sucks per your reasons above.

For now, The demand for a stock p88 is still there.  A closed rockered pattern would be really nice, maybe down the road if the stick dept decides to go that route.

Why don’t you allow custom colors on sticks?

Theres a budget for everything, and decisions have to be made where to invest.  At retail there are some cool things coming down the pipe, maybe not in sticks but youll see.

CCM - the v08 is still one of the most worn helmets, at some point you guys need to bring it back in to production. It’s the best looking helmet there ever was

Agreed it is, but the reality of the situation is the retail target demo sees VN foam as a price point option and demands to see innovation and newer concepts when they look into a bucket.

#369139 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 14 April 2020 - 05:19 PM in Hockey Gear

Will CCM ever offer the P71 (Malkin pro) at retail?

No plans for a flat rocker closed toe pattern.  The modern shooting technique really requires the rockered toe so we're sticking with those types of patterns for now (P90TM, p29/92, p28). 

#369071 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 13 April 2020 - 11:30 AM in Hockey Gear

Any plans to bring back the CCM Skills camps in the summer (maybe next year)? 

Everything non product related is up in the air or on pause for right now.  That dept will probably come down with a determination once we have more clarity on this whole ordeal.

It is Benn Pro though, correct? P92 with more toe?

Yes, but if you want to get into the weeds compared to a p29/92, the lie is lower, the face opens up earlier and then you have the more toe, plus the mid max.  i believe the benn pro still has the smaller height around the heel area, not consistent height.

are the new Jetspeed gloves going to be released this year? 

Not for 2020, just the 4 roll this year

Is there any plans for having a custom glove program similar to eagle or warrior? I am a huge fan of the CCM CL's (almost 40 pairs deep now) and would love to be able to have one that is special and unique to me.

Unfortunately pro is going to be your best and only option to procure CL's. Sorry, i know it doesnt answer your custom question.

You can see the way the retail and even pro glove selections are trending(excluding the big CCM guys that get super custom specs) everything is going more streamlined and then to Marco for after market mods.

#368849 How do you prefer your mitts to fit? updated poll*

Posted by CCMHockey on 09 April 2020 - 12:32 PM in Hockey Gear

Might be beneficial to separate this into how snug you like the hand/fingers, and how snug/flared you like the cuff area

#368848 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 09 April 2020 - 12:31 PM in Hockey Gear

And Jetspeed.

And can you confirm that the p90TM is a Benn Pro Stock max height?

Mid Max.  Max height distorts the look of the curve from the player's POV, mid max is still more full than any retail but not to the point where youre looking down at a slug.  Mid max is about P29/92 height all the way thru

Is there a plan to put the P90TM curve on the next line of Tacks and Ribcor sticks?

Can not confirm....nor deny.

#368688 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 07 April 2020 - 05:32 PM in Hockey Gear

I know the AS1 skates are being clearanced now which indicates a release of the AS3 skates soon. I’m sure you can’t give us the release date?? But will the release be pushed back because of what’s going on in the world??

No hard date but it will be this summer

#368659 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 06 April 2020 - 05:42 PM in Hockey Gear

Welcome to sports2k CCM. :y

When will Step be available at retail on your skates?

Hey Dupes,

Step will be on custom later this year, the stock retail side is still being worked out

#368658 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 06 April 2020 - 05:41 PM in Hockey Gear

Will you ever offer a online stick customizer like Bauer that features things similar to their pro custom option? Also can you get custom colors on a ccm stick?

No plans for that right now.  Not sure how well that program is doing for them financially, but there is always the option to order pro custon 6 packs from retailers willing to place the orders.

#368657 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 06 April 2020 - 05:40 PM in Hockey Gear

Are you able to comment at on a Jetspeed girdle?

cant say much, but its lighterweight and protection level compared to the tacks but obviously made with high end materials

#368595 Question about CCM Pro Stock pants

Posted by CCMHockey on 03 April 2020 - 05:52 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Hi guys,

I have sold a bunch of different CCM pants through the years but just got a pair of CCM HP TK pants and trying to find any information about them. This is the first pair I have come across. Thanks in advance

Theyre pro stock tacks pants. New for this season, still hard to find in the wild, youre lucky

#368594 CCM

Posted by CCMHockey on 03 April 2020 - 05:51 PM in Hockey Gear

2K Clan,

Hope all is well.

We're starting up this profile to help answer some of your retail CCM questions and/or comments.  Obviously there are certain restrictions that we have to abide by pertaining to when we can release details on an unreleased product, but we'll do our best.  Please post here if you have any questions.

Hope you all are staying safe and have a good day.

#368592 Custom CCM Stick Spec Question

Posted by CCMHockey on 03 April 2020 - 05:41 PM in Hockey Gear

Hey everybody, I had a few questions before I put in a order for some custom CCM sticks.

I have the form for a custom order from 2019, I was wondering if there was an updated form for 2020.

I was also curious if anybody could provide a description of the different shaft geometries and textures, there wasn't much of an elaboration on the form and was slightly confusing. 

What is the difference between the P28 mid max and the P28 max blade?

Lastly, with a custom order, would it be possible to customize the colors on the stick graphics or add a team logo by chance?

Thank you for your time and help!

zaidwdX.png

IxbVuIb.png

To answer your mid max question, Max is the maxmax, as tall as is allowed thru the whole blade.  Mid max is slightly shorter but still a constant height through out, yet not tall enough to distort the appearance of the curve while looking down at it.  Mid Max is similar to P29/p92 toe height

#368591 Is Bauer P88 truly a lie 6?

Posted by CCMHockey on 03 April 2020 - 05:36 PM in Hockey Gear

The rocker significantly affects how different patterns play even if theyre both listed at the same number

#368590 What pattern are you using?

Posted by CCMHockey on 03 April 2020 - 05:30 PM in Hockey Gear

P90T is going to be the fastest growing new pattern soon, if its not already.