Working on a pair myself!

Gotta love adjustable bicep guards :D

#22 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple of frankenpads I stitched together.

Gorgeous! You use the speedy stitcher too?

#23 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Gorgeous! You use the speedy stitcher too?

Yes. And a little time in front of the tv.

#24 Diesel8810

Diesel8810
  • LocationHockessin, Delaware

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Here's my contribution:

I had quit playing for a few years back in 2001ish-2005 and when I decided to get back into the game found my gloves in my bag shredded by mice... a buddy of mine gave me a Pair of Pro 4Rolls as he had a few extra pairs only thing was they were 15" monsters.. Taking the idea from a pair of LTD edition Rawlings gloves (Pictured below) I had seen back in the mid 90's I broke out the scissors, a grommet tool, and an old black skate lace and got to work.. In about 2 Hours I had the cuffs to an acceptable length.. Job got a little tricky around the split cuff but ended up okay... Used these for about a season then got some others from a friends still getting stuff from their teams.. They have been lying in the basement for a while now.

RAWLINGS
Posted Image

My old 4 Rolls
Posted Image

P.S.
If anyone by any chance has a pair of those Rawlings lying around in good shape.. I am interested.

Always looking for Pro Stock P91a RH 87ish Flex Grip Bauer Sticks.

#25 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Those gloves are awesome, I saw on 24/7 Callahan has some frankenpads. Jofas, with Warrior caps, ill Get a picture when I can.

I'm also thinking of making some, right now I don't wear shoulder pads, but might try and make a pair that is very slim, with small caps.

#26 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Pretty sure you mean Richards...

Cally rocks straight CCM U Pro's

#27 Biscuit

Biscuit
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I really like those flash! That is exactly what I am looking for. Something to protect the chest area but lower profile on the shoulder caps. Nice job man!!
always looking for Sabres gear

#28 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Pretty sure you mean Richards...

Cally rocks straight CCM U Pro's

You're right it was Richards. I saw it a while back and thought I recalled it was Callahan. Here they are though.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/screenshot20120416at700.png/

Also, I think making pads that have interchangeable caps, bicep pieces etc is a great idea.

#29 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

I really like those flash! That is exactly what I am looking for. Something to protect the chest area but lower profile on the shoulder caps. Nice job man!!

Thank you, sir. The other nice thing about DIYing these is that you can mess around with the positioning of the caps (e.g., I have mine set up a little more forward than most stock shoulders, a little more like traditional shoulders).

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#30 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

My edition! :LOL:

Posted Image

#31 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Looks like I did just the opposite

6ks with 5030 caps
Posted Image

#32 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

^ I like them
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#33 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Not really fraken pads, but more franken skates...Just swapped out tongues on my buddy's X-60's with a pair from his old CCM 952's. The Bauer tongues were shot and falling apart.

Posted Image

#34 Tapiolaboy13

Tapiolaboy13

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

been working on a few things lately hope I don't clog it up with too big of pictures.
I want to say thanks wrbush31, jeffmont, and vahalla/stickfixtexassouth(ebay) for helping me out! :headbang:

threw these together, incredible how much better they look once the plastic ear guards are gone.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also had a few lowers laying around that needed uppers and with the price tag most uppers are getting today I figured I would experiment a little. Not the finest craftsmanship, but work perfect! Also not completely finished on all of them.

Posted Image

retail reebok 6k pants worked out way better than I had planned. I can now button on lowers or if I have lowers that don't have leg pads I can put the leg pads on the 6k uppers and button the lowers on like a shell over a girdle.

Posted Image

#35 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

That belt...it looks so familiar. Lol

#36 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

So here's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I hate bulky shoulder pads, I've always been tempted to wear none, but I hate my elbow pads falling down and I like to loop the straps from the elbows and the shoulders together to prevent that from happening. And I've been wearing Farrels and I love that they do up down the front. So I decided to make some modifications to a pair of 5030s.

First I removed the hard caps. Then I switched sides for the remainder of the shoulder caps - left for right, right for left - so that the little bit of padding left would come down over the bones in back of my shoulder.

Posted Image
Then I clipped the biceps guards from the shoulder caps and reattached the trim.

Posted Image

I used some of the straps from the biceps guard to lengthen the strap and attach the Jofa biceps guards and I used the rest of the straps to hold the shoulder caps (if you can call them that) in place.

Posted Image

I cut up an old Under Armor shirt and sewed it to the inside of the torso of the pads, in the same place as the straps that are normally used to do up the shoulder pads.

Posted Image

And finally, I pulled the velcro from the front of the Farrel shoulder pads and put it onto the front of the 5030s, so I could do them up that way. I kept the laces in place for aesthetics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 mtstone28

mtstone28
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Old thread but still, wanted to show them off :workout: Been in the process,of making these for almost two years now, the caps were kind of a hack-job (first time really trying to hand stich) but they still work. They started out as Impact 300s, 6k pro front plate, easton stealth s5 back and rib, easton stealth s17 arms with some one95 parts thrown on. Prefer the skate lace to thread, seems alittle more durable and keeps them really really flexable
Posted Image

#38 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

those are some of the craziest ones i've seen :y

#39 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Those are super Frankensteiney. At least three different pairs of pads. Nice.

#40 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

where do you guys get those shoulder caps with the foam topping? thats what i'm looking for for so long!!!

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff