Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1881 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

1 international to pat yesterday, no scans at all.  USPS is always reliable for a weeklong headache

At least USPS lets you undervalue to get around customs. I got an email for Ken saying that my most recent shipment of gloves (through UPS) got dinged with a $34 customs fee even though I declared a $50 value on the package. Had never happened to me on either of the last 2 international shipments I sent via USPS. That's the last time I use UPS to save a few bucks over USPS.

Custom everything.

#1882 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

At least USPS lets you undervalue to get around customs. I got an email for Ken saying that my most recent shipment of gloves (through UPS) got dinged with a $34 customs fee even though I declared a $50 value on the package. Had never happened to me on either of the last 2 international shipments I sent via USPS. That's the last time I use UPS to save a few bucks over USPS.

did you check the OTHER box and write in 'for repair'

IG: Fooj Media

#1883 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

I don't know what the UPS guy wrote on the slip, I just said "hockey gloves."

Custom everything.

#1884 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Do other members find it annoying when someone goes to a sale, buys everything cheap, then turns around and sells it for more than double the price.

#1885 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

Do other members find it annoying when someone goes to a sale, buys everything cheap, then turns around and sells it for more than double the price.

Not really. Just because an item is priced at a certain amount, doesn't mean that the amount is its true value. It's true value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

#1886 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

Not really. Just because an item is priced at a certain amount, doesn't mean that the amount is its true value. It's true value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

True. Whatever someone is willing to pay for is one thing, but some people will literally buy something and think it's gold. For example, the flames sale. Practice jerseys were practically $25. People bought them in bulk and are now selling for $120. But again whatever someone is willing to pay for

#1887 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

True. Whatever someone is willing to pay for is one thing, but some people will literally buy something and think it's gold. For example, the flames sale. Practice jerseys were practically $25. People bought them in bulk and are now selling for $120. But again whatever someone is willing to pay for

Yeah, for sure. It's like when Old Navy in California decides they want to sell flip flops for $1, and mere in Canada they never go under $8.......

#1888 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

cap·i·tal·ism
ˈkapədlˌizəm/
noun

1. an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
    synonyms: free enterpriseprivate enterprise, the free market; 
    enterprise culture
    "the capitalism of emerging nations"

now it does bother me a bit when buyers here get a deal on gear from a member here and then turn right back around on this forum and hike up the price.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1889 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

cap·i·tal·ism
ˈkapədlˌizəm/
noun

1. an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
    synonyms: free enterpriseprivate enterprise, the free market; 
    enterprise culture
    "the capitalism of emerging nations"

now it does bother me a bit when buyers here get a deal on gear and then turn right back around on this forum and hike up the price.

Just like the Flames sale, turned $25 jerseys into $120 jerseys. 

#1890 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

true its all depend what you need and how much you need it

#1891 Jack the ripper

Jack the ripper
  • LocationBC

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

Just like the Flames sale, turned $25 jerseys into $120 jerseys. 

Not if you look at my posting in team sets :D

#1892 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Spam this number.. 647-993-9526. 

#1893 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

Guess you should be mad at Nike, Gap, H&M and every retailer out there as well. h&M's t shirts are products for 80 cents to $1.50 in India and sold back to you guys at $15-$40. That's just a small example.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1894 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

Hi, I am going to make a post in the "Gear Wanted" section, but just so you know, I don't have any money to pay for the items I am searching for.

#1895 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Gear Wanted is a waste.... more often than not, that thing they're looking for is listed, they just don't want to pay for it. I don't think I've ever contacted someone in gear wanted and had them actually buy the exact thing they claim they want.

#1896 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

Gear Wanted is a waste.... more often than not, that thing they're looking for is listed, they just don't want to pay for it. I don't think I've ever contacted someone in gear wanted and had them actually buy the exact thing they claim they want.

I actually have had decent luck with people not messing around too much when I contact them willing to sell something they are looking for. But, it melts my brain when someone says they have no money, or only want to trade their busted old equipment for something they want because... they don't have money.

#1897 aintitthelife98

aintitthelife98

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

*cough* backstrom gloves *cough*  :P

#1898 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

*cough* backstrom gloves *cough*  :P

Okay, 1/335 transactions happened that way......

#1899 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

Okay, 1/335 transactions happened that way......

2/336 😂

#1900 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

2/336 😂

True